VI Derm® HQ Plus™
HQ Plus™ is a proven skin-brightening formula that may reduce discolorations in as little as two weeks. This pigment combating treatment product combines 2% Hydroquinone plus a powerful botanical boost to limit melanin production and reduce redness. This product helps fade and remove age spots, sun spots, acne scars and uneven skin tone. It helps prevent future pigmentation production while reducing skin damage from sun exposure.
It also helps improve overall skin tone and texture.
For: All skin types | Hyperpigmentation
*All VI Derm products must be picked up in store.
In stock (can be backordered)
- Hydroquinone is the gold standard for treating pigmentation and works by inhibiting the enzyme tyrosinase, which is important in skin melanin (pigment) development.
- Rumex in a topical use of 3% begins to brighten the complexion from the very first application and can diminish the visible appearance of unsightly age spots and pigmentation marks by 25% in as little as four weeks.
- Arbutin is the Beta-D-glucopyranoside derivative of Hydroquinone and has been used successfully in the treatment of hyperpigmentary disorders. Arbutin inhibits tyrosinase, thereby decreasing melanin formation.
- Kojic Acid aids in fighting discoloration and brightens the complexion. This ingredient is effective in evening skin tone because it is able to separate copper that is bound to tyrosinase and decrease the number of melanosomes (packets of pigment) and dendrites (the arms that extend from the melanocyte cell that transfer melanosomes to the keratinocyte cells). It is water soluble and antibacterial.
- Licorice Root improves hyperpigmentation by dispersing the melanin, inhibiting in both places of melanin biosynthesis and inhibition of cyclooxygenase activity thereby decreasing free radical production.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.