TO ENSURE YOUR SAFETY AND SPEED HEALING TIME PLEASE FOLLOW THE RECOMMENDATIONS BELOW:
Prior to Treatment:
- Please shave the entire area you are interested in treating the day before your session.
- Use a broad spectrum SPF 70 (or greater) sunblock before and after your treatments on areas exposed to sunlight. No natural or artificial tanning (including tanning beds and spray tans) anytime before your session (at least 2 weeks before).
- Do not apply any perfumes, moisturizers, deodorant or make-up to the area being treated before your session.
- Immediately after your treatment there will likely be some slight redness and swelling around the hair follicles and mild discomfort similar to a sunburn. Cool packs may be applied if needed.
- You may also notice during and immediately after your session the smell of burned hairs. This is normal. Do not rub, scratch or pick the treated area (An itchy sensation is a normal reaction). If you happen to get Erythema, (redness) Edema (swelling) and/or PFE (perifollicular edema) after your treatment do not be alarmed. It is a normal reaction and could take up to a week to subside.
- It takes 10-21 days for the hair to shed, or fall out. Continue shaving for the duration of the treatment period. After the treatment, the hair may appear to continue to grow for a few weeks. That is the treated hair shedding from the follicle, and is not new hair growth.
- Continue to use sunblock daily on the areas being treated because this skin may be sensitive to darkening, especially for those who have skin that is already sensitive or are dark skinned
- Your laser hair removal session typically is scheduled in four weeks for facial areas, six weeks for torso (trunk) and eight weeks for the legs.
- Please avoid electrolysis, waxing, threading, tweezing, hair removal creams and any other depilatories between sessions. Feel free to exfoliate the treated area. This will help the hair fall out sooner!!